We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Menu display....? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 18 '13
I would like to know how to put the menu (chat,home,sign in/out,mail box) that is in the top right corner of the page,somewhere else, cause the chat can't be seen properly like that , I'm missing half of it when its open, very annoying! Is there a way to do that or I need a pluggin...?? 

Thanks

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi,

I guess you are using IE browser? If so the menus are displayed like that.
Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 18 '13
wats IE browser? Internet Explorer? Im using google chrome...
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
I am using google chrome and it is also displayed like that
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Myriam Dunn wats IE browser? Internet Explorer?

Yes. Sorry for that. :)

Can you try in Firefox? For me it works well in Chrome but not in Internet Explorer.

can you share a screenshot of that?
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
The Forum post is edited by Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Oh. Sorry, I was thinking about the main menu.

This looks like more a css or jquery issue. Try disabling any custom code/scripts you have added.

Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
I have not added any custom code or scripts yet :( 
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 20 '13
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 21 '13
I did update to 1.5.1, funny cause with the 1.4.1 the display was different and then i could get the complete chat box... but with 1.5.1 it does that and there's no settings I could find to change that.... Im not uing any mobile version either. And its not the only problem with that chat, the writtings doesnt appear in the chat box unless u refresh or change page, thats very annoying too , u see the pic of the user but not wat they say... if it stays like that and theres no way to change it , big zero for the chat seriously! The browser shouldnt be a problem , who am I to tell my users to use firefox or watever instead of explorer if thats wat they using ... it should be working fine with any browser...
Stuart Neilson
Yep it is compatible with 1.5.1, the chat does the same stupid thing with all the themes ive tried  ( 9 or 10 themes) . its the exact same thing as Kira Castle  is showing on her print screen. The menu in the corner like that looks fine but it sucks really bad for the chat.
Stuart Neilson
Yah, strange... frustrating aswell... 1.5.1 doesnt show the chat properly and with both 1.4 and 1.5 the writtings dont show up unless u change or refresh page... so wat do i do , no idea, ive been looking for another chat, but im not rich either, everything works gret but that stupid chat arrrggg!
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 22 '13
Anyone know how to fix this yet?....still dont know haha
Unique
Unique Feb 22 '13

Quote from Myriam Dunn Yah, strange... frustrating aswell... 1.5.1 doesnt show the chat properly and with both 1.4 and 1.5 the
See the demo 1.5.1 http://demo.oxwall.org/