We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ERROR: Can't extract theme archive | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
When I want to add a new custom theme, I have tried the following:

unzipping the theme to ow_themes with the rest of them, but i get an error 404 page when I try to change it in my admin panel.

Then I try to upload the theme using "add theme" and the error I get is "Can't extract theme archive"

Does anyone know how to get around this? thank you

Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
I have also tried overriding images in my existing theme in my host ow_themes folder, but it does not update...hmmm...
Unique
Unique Feb 18 '13
maybe you have uploaded the damaged theme
or
it does not match the oxwall version you are using 
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
I tested that theory, what I did was copied the exact same "graphite" theme, renamed it and uploaded the same way. it didnt work :( 

Also, downloading the new "city" theme does not work, and i have tried others too. its weird...

Unique
Unique Feb 18 '13

Quote from Kira Castle I have also tried overriding images in my existing theme in my host ow_themes folder, but it does not update...hmmm...

Try delete the old theme and upload the updated theme
The Forum post is edited by Unique Feb 18 '13
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 18 '13
I did that, it didnt work. Its strange, im using graphiteplus. I took the whole folder out of my host root files in ow_themes and the website still works...
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 19 '13
Well i fiddled around too much now, lol...nothings working. might install it again and restart