We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

After confirmation the system is sending almost 169 emails to the user | Forum

Gaston
Gaston Feb 26 '13
Hello to everyone!

Iam having a problem after my users confirm their email.

After confirming, the system send the email with indication, after that in the next hours the user mail resive massive numbers of Welcome.

please help

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sounds strange. Do you use any other plugin thats related to email? Does your email table cleared up everytime?
Gaston
Gaston Feb 26 '13
tha table ow_base_email_verify have to be full or not ? guess that not ...

Then now open my email gestor and on the administracion email adress of Oxwall resive many email saying:

Subjet: Mail delivery deferred: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a temporary error. The following address(es) deferred: xxxxxx@hotmail.es Domain xxxxxxx.com has exceeded the max emails per hour (350/350 (100%)) allowed. Message will be reattempted later-----And iam checking that all those email are not showed as a user, the re were users trying to register ...
Dont know where to check ....

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 26 '13
Hosts normally have a set amount of email that can be sent in one hour. Yours has a of 350, normally host do not change this setting if you ask. This is one of the problems of using the mass mailing system. If you have over the 350 members.

Gaston
Gaston Feb 27 '13
No, but this massive mailing WAST expexted from me is caused by oxwall who send every minute emails yo NEW and OLD users--- per minute!!!

So imagine how my users are ...

The Forum post is edited by Gaston Feb 27 '13
Tester
Tester Feb 27 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Does your email table cleared up everytime?
Our site never sends Mass Mails (although we have tested it), but I am curious about the question quoted. Pls tell me about the email clear-up system? Have we to do it periodically?
Gaston
Gaston Feb 27 '13
Hi tester ... as we were talking by pm... choose to start accepting new users by Admin moderation option... as the system is sending massive number of email, to stop it, the only wa y to do it was activate the SMTP option with out configuring... after this of course no email were sended...

After the recomendation of Tester to start accepting users manually, and uncheck the verify email option, changed again and  uncheck the SMTP Option...

after that the sistem is starting to send Welcome Emails to some example usuer that i have ...:(

Alia Team
Alia Feb 28 '13
Gaston,

Can you attach full text of the received email along with email subject?

Register new user. Check how many emails are added to ow_base_mail  table once the user verifies his email.

Alia Team
Alia Feb 28 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.