We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Connect to facebook with Cyrillic | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Александр
Александр Apr 11 '11
Hello, I try to connect to facebook pops up a message "Sorry, can't sign you in because your Facebook name contains non-latin characters" as a profile in facebook Russian. Tell how you can do to make this plugin work with Cyrillic.

Sorry for bad English.
Emil Team
Emil Apr 11 '11
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Den Team
Den Apr 12 '11
Sorry, but this is impossible to login with fbconnect using Cyrillic username
Antonio
Antonio Aug 9 '11
I use this function in class: ow_plugins\fbconnect\controllers\connect.php 

private function delete_char($str){  
$a = array('Ã?','Á','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Í','Ã?','Ï','Ð','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ã?','Ý','Ã?','à ','á','â','ã','ä','Ã¥','æ','ç','è','é','ê','ë','ì','í','î','ï','ñ','ò','ó','ô','õ','ö','ø','ù','ú','û','ü','ý','ÿ','Ä?','ā','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','č','Ä?','ď','Đ','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','Ä?','ĝ','Ä?','Ä?','Ä ','Ä¡','Ä¢','Ä£','Ĥ','Ä¥','Ħ','ħ','Ĩ','Ä©','Ī','Ä«','Ĭ','Ä­','Ä®','į','Ä°','ı','IJ','ij','Ä´','ĵ','Ķ','Ä·','Ĺ','ĺ','Ä»','ļ','Ľ','ľ','Ä¿','Å?','Ł','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','ō','Å?','ŏ','Ő','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','Å?','ŝ','Å?','Å?','Å ','Å¡','Å¢','Å£','Ť','Å¥','Ŧ','ŧ','Ũ','Å©','Ū','Å«','Ŭ','Å­','Å®','ů','Å°','ű','Ų','ų','Å´','ŵ','Ŷ','Å·','Ÿ','Ź','ź','Å»','ż','Ž','ž','Å¿','Æ?','Æ ','Æ¡','Ư','Æ°','Ǻ','Ç»','Ǽ','ǽ','Ǿ','Ç¿');  
$b = array('A','A','A','A','A','A','AE','C','E','E','E','E','I','I','I','I','D','N','O','O','O','O','O','O','U','U','U','U','Y','s','a','a','a','a','a','a','ae','c','e','e','e','e','i','i','i','i','n','o','o','o','o','o','o','u','u','u','u','y','y','A','a','A','a','A','a','C','c','C','c','C','c','C','c','D','d','D','d','E','e','E','e','E','e','E','e','E','e','G','g','G','g','G','g','G','g','H','h','H','h','I','i','I','i','I','i','I','i','I','i','IJ','ij','J','j','K','k','L','l','L','l','L','l','L','l','l','l','N','n','N','n','N','n','n','O','o','O','o','O','o','OE','oe','R','r','R','r','R','r','S','s','S','s','S','s','S','s','T','t','T','t','T','t','U','u','U','u','U','u','U','u','U','u','U','u','W','w','Y','y','Y','Z','z','Z','z','Z','z','s','f','O','o','U','u','A','a','I','i','O','o','U','u','A','a','AE','ae','O','o');  
return str_replace($a, $b, $str);  

And modify line 97:

$username = $questions['username'];

to:

$username = $this->delete_char($questions['username']);

You can use same like this for Cyrillic.
Katz Kawai
Katz Kawai Aug 16 '12
I've got the same problem as I use the Japanese Kanji characters. It would be very nice if the plugin automatically changes the non-ascii characters into some ascii characters (as the google connect plugin does), then you could manage to fix it as you like. Thank you very much for your help in advance.
The Forum post is edited by Katz Kawai Aug 16 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 6 '12
Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider about adding it to the upcoming build.
Andrej
Andrej Feb 1 '14
Quote from Michael I. Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider about adding it to the upcoming build.

Can you add some Lithuanian chars like: Ąą Čč Ęę Ėė Įį Šš Ųų Ūū Žž ?

And when you planning a next update of the plugin? :)

ross Team
ross Feb 2 '14
Make a suggestion here: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall

As to the date it's not set yet

omer
omer Jan 17 '15
is it solved for other language my language is turksih ... how can i edit?
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '15
No it is not solved yet.