We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed can not have a background image? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Ian Michael Carson
Ian Michael Carson Mar 13 '13
I have found the section in the CSS that I want to edit for the background of the news feed.

body ul.ow_newsfeed {}

I can add a color to the background but when trying with different images it will not work.  What would stop it from working with images if it can take a color background?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian

Ian Michael Carson
Ian Michael Carson Mar 13 '13

body ul.ow_newsfeed {

background-images:url('images/cage.png');

}

Using the Darklets theme.

I have also tried adding it to the head code in the global page settings. like this:

<style type="text/css">body ul.ow_newsfeed {background-images:url('images/cage.png');}</style>

If I just do:<style type="text/css">body ul.ow_newsfeed {background:#000000;}</style>
it shows up correct as a black background. So i dont really understand why it would not show an image.  I have also tried using other images in the theme image folder and they are not showing in the newsfeed background either.
I have also tried a absolute url and that didnt seem to work.
Might be something small I am overlooking.  You can check out the site at www.ringicon.com , it is not finished yet but you are welcome to look through the code.

The Forum post is edited by Ian Michael Carson Mar 13 '13
Ian Michael Carson
Ian Michael Carson Mar 14 '13
I did get it to work with creating a absolute link to a folder on the root level, so I guess it just wasnt picking up from the theme image folder. My guess is that the css is coming from the plugin so i should have created the folder in the plugin newsfeed folder. But the way you suggested and the way i am doing it works for me. 

Thank you!

Ian

Alia Team
Alia Mar 14 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.