We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Re-arranging the console? | Forum

BC
BC Mar 27 '13
Hi Guys,

Can't find this anywhere, but I'm wonder what file needs editing for re-arranging the Console.

At the moment it's "Invitations, Friend Requests, Mailbox, Notifications, Settings".

Just wondering which file it's reading it from. :)

BC
BC Apr 2 '13
Bump...
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 3 '13
You can find the file that operates with all items in the Console here: /ow_system_plugins/base/components/console.php
BC
BC Apr 3 '13
Thanking you :)
BC
BC Apr 3 '13
Quick question. Is there a possibility of adding more links under Settings? For example if I wanted to link to an "About" page...
BC
BC Apr 11 '13
The latter has been resolved.

Michael, could you provide a sample re-arrange?

I can find any lines in there which relate to it?

Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 23 '13
We do not provide examples or guidelines on how to perform a specific modification. We expect people posting in this forum know how to modify the code and all they need is some hints.
BC
BC Apr 23 '13
Hi Michael,

Ok, could you provide some hints please, as from looking at console.php there's no where that I can see a referral of the order?

Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 24 '13
You can find an example here: ow_system_plugins/base/classes/console_event_handler.php
BC
BC Apr 25 '13
Ummm, that only allows you to play with the settings and admin dropdowns?

I want to move around the Invitations / Notifications / Messages ones?

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 25 '13
Thats HTML, Php controls those.
Quote from BC Ummm, that only allows you to play with the settings and admin dropdowns?

I want to move around the Invitations / Notifications / Messages ones?

Daisy Team
Daisy May 15 '13
BC, you are talking about plugins: Mailbox, Events, Groups and Notifications. If you want to re-arrange these items in the console - you should change the order in the files of these plugins.
BC
BC May 16 '13
They don't match up to the order they were installed... So surely it can't be that? O_o
Daisy Team
Daisy May 17 '13
BC, let's take Mailbox plugin as an example. To change the mailbox button position you should go to /ow_plugins/mailbox/classes/request_event_handler.php file. Find the collectItems function and change the value for the $event->addItem($item, 4); string.