We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Language Codes | Forum

Alican
Alican Dec 18 '13
Hi,

Maybe the information exists somewhere but I can not find somehow and It cause me problem to find out.

I just need the simple syntax to place a language code in custom html widget. I will just place some pictures and some texts. I'm thinking to edit some languages codes (which are idle and i don't use in my site), and I want to place them into plain text/html.

I apreciate if someone can help me on this.

Best,

Daisy Team
Daisy Dec 20 '13
Alican, what language code are you talking about? Could you explain in more details what exactly you want to do. It will help me to find the proper solution.
Alican
Alican Dec 20 '13
I want to create custom html widgets in main page and user dahboard. I would like to add texts with multi language support.

So, as far as I have limited php knowledge, I don't know how to create new text keys. I decided to use some existing keys which I will not use in my site. For example, I will not have forum in my site. So I thought I can use those forum text keys for this purpose.

For example this key;

{text key='forum+widget_latest_topics_label'}

I would like to use this in my custom html widget. But, somehow I can't find how to place this code in it and make the text seen.

Alican
Alican Dec 25 '13
There is no solution for this? (:
Alican
Alican Dec 25 '13
It must be either too easy or too difficult to make this. Probably that's why I receive no response.
Alican
Alican Jan 3 '14
subject is alive.. no solution?..:/
Daisy Team
Daisy Jan 6 '14
Alican, sorry for taking so long to respond.

You can create the language key via Admin Area. Please see the solution here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14563

But, you can use this key in your php code only. It will not work in the Custom HTML widget. All we can suggest is to create your own small plugin which will add the widget to the page you need and use the key created via the Admin Area.

You can download our new Plugin Skeleton plugin. This plugin will help you to understand how create widgets. Here is URL to the Store item: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/695
Alican
Alican Jan 6 '14
Thank you Daisy, late but effective again..

But, I'm totally disappointed with Custom HTML widget. It could very useful, but while it doesn't support multilanguage, what can we use it for?

And, do you think it is possible to create a plugin without php programming skills? seriously?

Daisy Team
Daisy Jan 10 '14
If you want to create a plugin, you should have at least basic programming skills. But, I think if you give it a try, you can nail it.