We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Few Technical Problems with Oxwall 1.6 Upgrade [Answered] | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 10 '14
Hi Everyone,

Don't know if im the only one seeing or having these issues or also some do. After a manual upgrade to 1.6 since the Auto - Update wasn't showing i encountered couple of problems, anyone who had these issues and managed to fix them ?

1. I cant add a Forum post, each time i click "Add Post" i get a 500 Error

2. The Dashboard i cant seem to drag anything nor can i drag modules also in the Mobile Page cause when i try to drag funny stuff happen.

Mobile Page

Dashboard

3. When i activate DEV / DEBUG Mode, and try to go to the Mobile Page or any page for that matter of my website, i only see a white page with no Error whatsoever as per below. But when i deactivate the DEV / DEBUG Mode my website works but with mobile and dashboard i get issues above with dragging.

4. Does anybody see the New Themes in their Dashboard Appearance ?
5. Does anybody see the social Share icons for items as per release on 1.6 and if so where can one find them ?

When DEV. / DEBUG Mode was activate i had issues with :

* Anti - Spammer
* AutoNewsfeed

Which i deactivated ... but now i dont get any error(s) on DEV / DEBUG so i dont know what is wrong or what to do.

6. My hosting company is also complaining about this on my account which i believe is an oxwall plugin / issue does any of you experiencing the same problem ?

I upgraded my hosting account even but it seems that doesn't work it is using High Resources on the server see below from my hosting company.

---

We have conducted a detailed investigation and it turned out that your site executes slow queries towards its database, which eventually hogs the server. The server tries to execute your slow queries while putting other processes in the queue until some memory is freed. While they are waiting however, they stack up and cause further problems. There can be many reasons for slow database queries, but the following 3 are the most common ones:

1. Large database
2. Not well written scripts
3. Large number of internal links that query the database directly.

Here are some of the database queries that are slow and consume a lot of server resources:

LIST OF QUERIES

Executed 15 min ago for 2 sec on Database --> myvirgo3_aw.
SELECT DISTINCT sactivity.actionId, 17 as `userId`, 1389204006 FROM ow_newsfeed_activity sactivity INNER JOIN ow_newsfeed_action_feed saction_feed ON sactivity.id=saction_feed.activityId INNER JOIN ow_newsfeed_follow sfollow ON saction_feed.feedId = sfollow.feedId AND saction_feed.feedType = sfollow.feedType WHERE sactivity.status='active' AND sactivity.activityType='create' AND sactivity.timeStamp
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 15 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
Webster, I will be replying to your questions one by one as I check them.

1. Have you updated Forum/Blogs plugins?

2. Have you updated your theme?

3. To be checked.

4. Check this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15494?page=1#post-78134
You don't see theme updates since most likely your currently active theme doesn't have developerKey yet. If your theme was updated on Store and new version of the theme contains developerKey, you will need to do a manual update once so that this autoupdate feature will work on your site in future.

5. Social Sharing feature is a separate plugin. It will be added to Store soon.

6. To be checked.
Webster Molaudi
Hi Aliia,

I will answer as per your answer :)

1. I updated all my plugins 1 by 1
2. Im using the origin theme by oxwall how do i update ?
4. And if i do Update i wont loose my backgrounds / images / custom works ?

Quote from Aliia Webster, I will be replying to your questions one by one as I check them.

1. Have you updated Forum/Blogs plugins?

2. Have you updated your theme?

3. To be checked.

4. Check this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15494?page=1#post-78134
You don't see theme updates since most likely your currently active theme doesn't have developerKey yet. If your theme was updated on Store and new version of the theme contains developerKey, you will need to do a manual update once so that this autoupdate feature will work on your site in future.

5. Social Sharing feature is a separate plugin. It will be added to Store soon.

6. To be checked.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
1. Can you enable DEBUG mode in config.php and add blog/forum post again?

2. In your case, let's try following steps:
 Open ow_themes/origin/theme.xml file on your server.
  a) add following line after "authOrURL":
 <developerKey>e547ebcf734341ec11911209d93a1054</developerKey>
 b) make sure that build number is lower then 6515 ( for example it should be 6510)

Save made changes. How often does your Cron run?

4. If you update theme, you will lose all custom changes done directly in .html files and base.css . Only changes that were done using tools available in admin panel>>appearence>>edit theme will be saved.
Webster Molaudi
Hi Aliia,

1. Debug Mode Enabled
2. a) I went to ow_themes/origin/theme.xml and found the Key there already
    b) Which / What build number and where do you find it ?
My cron runs every 59 Minutes
4. Okay it was done only using tools available in admin panel>>appearence>>edit theme will be saved.
Quote from Aliia 1. Can you enable DEBUG mode in config.php and add blog/forum post again?

2. In your case, let's try following steps:
 Open ow_themes/origin/theme.xml file on your server.
  a) add following line after "authOrURL":
 <developerKey>e547ebcf734341ec11911209d93a1054</developerKey>
 b) make sure that build number is lower then 6515 ( for example it should be 6510)

Save made changes. How often does your Cron run?

4. If you update theme, you will lose all custom changes done directly in .html files and base.css . Only changes that were done using tools available in admin panel>>appearence>>edit theme will be saved.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
1. Then this means that this is a server error. Anything related to blogs/forum in your server's error log?

2. Build number is in the same theme.xml file. Latest build of "Origin" theme is 7000. If yours is 7000 then your theme is up to date already. And the issue with widgets is not connected to theme. Let me know your build number and we will move further depending on your answer
Webster Molaudi
Hi Aliia,

1. I only see these :

[Fri Jan 10 00:37:09 2014] [error] [client 41.13.12.152] File does not exist: /home/myvirgo3/public_html/favicon.ico, referer: http://www.myvirgo.info/forum/topic/794
[Fri Jan 10 00:32:54 2014] [error] [client 196.36.113.186] File does not exist: /home/myvirgo3/public_html/favicon.ico
[Fri Jan 10 00:32:53 2014] [warn] [client 66.249.75.87] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/myvirgo3/public_html/index.php
[Fri Jan 10 00:32:23 2014] [warn] [client 66.249.75.87] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/myvirgo3/public_html/index.php

2. My Build number is : 6515
Quote from Aliia 1. Then this means that this is a server error. Anything related to blogs/forum in your server's error log?

2. Build number is in the same theme.xml file. Latest build of "Origin" theme is 7000. If yours is 7000 then your theme is up to date already. And the issue with widgets is not connected to theme. Let me know your build number and we will move further depending on your answer

Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
Hi Webster, will you be able to PM me access details to your control panel? Thank you.
Webster Molaudi
Okay check your PM Inbox
benjaminmcavoy
benjaminmcavoy Jan 10 '14
Hi Guys

Site down with upgrade, is there an easy way to fix..?

Thanks Heaps

Attachments:
  errroscents.png (26.46Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '14
#1. Solved. Caused by ProfileProgressBar plugin.
#2. As mentioned earlier try to update your theme now and see whether this helps.
#3. Retest now. If blank page is still there let me know.
#4 and #5 were answered.

***Issues with database queries:

To be checked.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '14
benjaminmcavoy,

Is this issue still relevant? If yes, it is better to create a separate topic for it.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 15 '14
H Aliia,

The Theme is refusing to update i get Error 503 each time, even though when i click update it will say do i want to update from theme build 7000 to update 7000 and when i say yes i get an error in my dashboard
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '14
Let me try to do this  myself.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 15 '14
Okay thanks Aliia
Alia Team
Alia Jan 16 '14
Theme issues- resolved. Your theme is up to date.

Regarding drag and drop not working.
It is JavaScript related issue: either one of your plugins or one of your custom scripts is causing it.

Source code of your site tells that you have following script inserted somewhere in your files. Do you remember where you have added it? Try removing this script and checking drag and drop.

//<![CDATA[ try{if (!window.CloudFlare) {var CloudFlare=[{verbose:0,p:1389445309,byc:0,owlid:"cf",bag2:1,mirage2:0,oracle:0,paths:{cloudflare:"/cdn-cgi/nexp/dok2v=964071af18/"},atok:"4381782658105de6ca6ccef0d0d3ae38",petok:"3c69e14871a8a35c0052dcc4096b326c9ad7b93a-1389869352-1800",zone:"myvirgo.info",rocket:"a",apps:{"cdnjs":{"__h":"1","cdnjs":"MO,GF,FX,CS,JS"},"prnc":{"dalytkn":"TqLcA_DkDvZwikVfv4prPyQlH4gIB6Qnv6bfpLkw4TcDEB03HVwLUDD5DkXWsgqLk"},"highlight":null,"ga_key":{"ua":"UA-2407816-1","ga_bs":"2"},"abetterbrowser":{"ie":"7"}}}];document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/dok2v=221574e73d/cloudflare.min.js"><'+'\/script>');}}catch(e){}; //]]> </script>
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 16 '14
Okay will try it out :) thanks Aliia
Alia Team
Alia Jan 17 '14
Webster, most likely this is a "CloudFlare" plugin, so  deactivate it first and check your site.
If this won't help, check rest of your plugins.