We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How To Deactivate “Newsfeed Album” feature in 1.7 version [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Wilson
Wilson Jul 11 '14
I would like to deactivate the “Newsfeed Album” feature in 1.7 version. Because my users don’t need that, and it does not make sense to have that. Let’s say someone post a happy birthday message with a pic in the needs feed to a friend, now that pic (a birthday cake) will be in a “Newsfeed Album”? makes no sense to have that and I’m trying to remove that feature in 1.7 version.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jul 12 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
yes sounds a bit stupid to me to 
Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14
Go to your plugins and on newsfeed click on settings and then content and you can turn off what you don't want to show in newsfeed,
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 12 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
no pete he asking different then that 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
i think that will stop all photos  from being posted in newsfeed 

he wants to stop photos uploaded in newsfeed from going to the newsfeed photo album 
or remove the album 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
he not talking birthday mod 
il make it bit simpler 

ok say is one my friends bday

i go there profile and post a photo of a cake and say happy bday to them on there newsfeed 

now that photo then goes to my profile photo albums  called newsfeed album 
which is pretty stupid 

so what he wants is to stop photos posted in newsfeed from going to the newsfeed photo album 

or remove the newsfeed photo album completely 
Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14
I no I misunderstood ,I have been up all night and i am tired  ,sorry, What I meant by removing birthday mod ,if people did not know whos birthday it was they would not be sending birthday cake images  lol.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
is ok lol

it needs a popup or something say include pic in newsfeed albums yes / no
or button 

Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14

he would have to edit all the news mod ,he would be better just turning photos off in newsfeed .If he is allowing photos in newsfeed ,its a bit daft wanting to turn off someone wishing a person happy birthday and posting an image of a cake .

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
then know one can upload pics to newsfeed 

would take oxwall all of 5 minutes to add a popup or button 
to include pic in newsfeed albums yes / no

Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14
Tammy if you had a pop up ,which give you the opp to send an image ,most people would send an image .lol   I would . I don't no what the big deal is sending someone a birthday cake,if you allow people to post images,this is only my view
Wilson
Wilson Jul 12 '14

Hey Guys, thanks for your input on this issue. Feedback always helps everyone!

Yes Tammy you are right, Pete…the Birthday pic post was just an example. Here’s another example Pete of what I’m saying here. Let’s say there is a bad storm and it destroys half the town, I post a photo in the news feed showing the town and I say in the post, please donate to the RED CROSS. I don’t need

that photo to be in an "ALBUM" …lol that makes no sense and like Tammy stated is kind of stupid.

So what I am trying to do is disable that feature that makes the "NEWSFEED ALBUM" in each user’s collection of ALBUMS. Makes no sense to have that "NEWSFEED ALBUM" in it.

FYI: That option is NOT in the "Newsfeed" plugin setting by the way Pete….would be nice or like Tammy is saying a "pop up" to confirm photo to "Newsfeed Album" would work. Still in search of a fix, any input would be very grateful.

Wilson

Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14
The only way you could do this would be to have a custom newsfeed made :IE  get some one to edit the newsfeed and add the ness php code to do what you want it to do .
Wilson
Wilson Jul 12 '14

Hey Pete,

Well hopefully someone can help and point us to the right code to delete or change. Like in other mod’s here in the forum. I’m sure it’s not that hard to modify, just need to be pointed to the right area. I’ll take a look at the NewsFeed plugin…but again I’m not sure what I’m looking for?

Still need a fix!

Wilson

Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14

You might consider searching on google for a php coding forum ,and getting some help off there,that would be the best thing to do .Anyway I am sorry for the misunderstanding of your post,i was up all night and half asleep when I had a read at your post .

There is some good php coders on oxwall,but most wont help you to change a mod unless you pay for a custom job.

Wilson
Wilson Jul 12 '14
hey Pete,

Well lets see, hopefully someone can help and point us to the right code to delete or change, it happens here for free...lol That's what this community is all about...helping each other grow using this bad ass script!

Wilson
Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14

Wilson you well be waiting for ever on here my friend ,to get some body to tell you how to change the Newsfeed lol   I well be very surprised if you get some one to tell you for free  lol

good luck  :-)

if you have no luck on here ,try here  https://wizpert.com/php-programming?gclid=CPqTheLhv78CFSbKtAodIUoAXg

If you know abit of php ,have alook through all of the php code in newsfeed and see if you can find the code were its sending the images to image folder , I suppose it would look stupid if somebody is posting an image say of a birthday cake in newsfeed and its showing also in your photo album .Tammys idea was quite good with the pop up window ,but you would still have the same problem of images going also to photo album . Actual I am going to mention Tammy idea to oxwall about getting her idea implemented using a pop up window, in one of the updates

This bad arse script drives you fooking nuts at time

Furyan Satoo
Furyan Satoo Jul 12 '14
I have similar question few hours back, and my problem solved Aliia...
see:

you will need to comment our or delete following line from ow_plugins/photo/classes/event_handler.php:
$em->bind('feed.before_content_add', array($this, 'feedBeforeStatusUpdate'));
original post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21385

No more photos in Photo album from newsfeed... :)
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
cool
Wilson
Wilson Jul 12 '14
Yes sir, that’s a winner! Thanks Furyan Satoo and of course Aliia! (she needs a BEER found link...lol)

Works just fine for me, had to delete the “Newsfeed” album that was already started. But once I did that and reposted a photo in the “Newsfeed’ area it did not make a new “Newsfeed” album in the “Photo” area. Nor did it say user added a photo to the “Newsfeed” album in the post area like before.

Wilson

ps, If looking for the code to comment, it’s at the bottom of all the code…last line…made my eyes water looking for it…lol

Find this file: ow_plugins/photo/classes/event_handler.php:

Find this code:

'getMainAlbum'));

$em->bind(self::EVENT_ADD_SEARCH_DATA, array($this, 'addSearchData'));

$em->bind('feed.before_content_add', array($this, 'feedBeforeStatusUpdate'));  <<<<<<<<<<

$em->bind(self::EVENT_BACKGROUND_LOAD_PHOTO, array($this, 'backgroundLoadPhoto'));

}

}

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Mar 28 '15
Pages: 1 2 »