We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug in Oxwall 1.7 Photo plugin | Forum

Omari
Omari Jul 23 '14
Edit Photo Album cover

Persistent error when trying to change album cover after photo upload and submission. "Photo too small" This happens for any size photo. 

Omari
Omari Jul 23 '14
Also in fullscreen tooltips are persistent even after mouse is moved to a different location at times
Joey
Joey Jul 23 '14

Quote from Omari Edit Photo Album cover

Persistent error when trying to change album cover after photo upload and submission. "Photo too small" This happens for any size photo. 

i get the same
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
can you please attach the image you're trying to set as an album cover? also it would be great if do the same on demo.oxwall.org in order to reproduce the error. 
Omari
Omari Jul 24 '14
Ross, I am not getting this error on the demo site...and I used the exact images all with minimum dimensions of 1920 1080. Is the plugin version different on the demo site and the store
Omari
Omari Jul 24 '14
I have test across 2 demo sites with just base plugins...maybe something wasn't included in teh recent photo plugin update
The Forum post is edited by Omari Jul 24 '14
Omari
Omari Jul 24 '14
Also photos take a really long time to delete not to mention albums and im on a VPS 
ross Team
ross Jul 25 '14
please read this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/5092
Omari
Omari Jul 25 '14
Ross,

For the past year ALL of my posts have outlined legitimate bugs in the software, or outlined real concerns that applied not only to myself but to to other users. You can verify this by searching the forums. If you do not have the time or are too busy to provide constructive answers to these, or confirm the bugs, then please direct them to someone who has the time. I posted supplementary information and did the tests you asked and provided feedback. Please do not insult me by referring me to forum rules especially after I am testing for the benefit of all users and even defended the team against detractors. 

ross Team
ross Jul 27 '14
How can I confirm the bug if it can't be reproduced by you on demo website. it is individual problem.  I gave you the link to the forum rules so that you can go through the steps taken by us as well, when we try to find out the reasons, I'm not trying to offend you in anyway.

Please provide screenshot of the firebug console when you set the cover for the album, as provided in the tutorial I sent you. I'm more than sure, that you'll be able to see error there or by enabling debug mode.

Omari
Omari Jul 27 '14
Misunderstanding then. Thanks for the clarity. 

The problem is a database problem related to the user field. E.g. if we import data into user field on new installation it gives the error. It also gives the error after you have upgraded your platform from say 1.53 to 1.7. In a brand new install it gives no problem. (empty database) Maybe cache needs to be cleared in database? or import additional tables related to photo plugin?

20 Hours a Day
20 Hours a Day Jul 27 '14

@Omari

We recently upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7 and the ability to edit the album images are fully functional, so I hope this helps with you diagnosis of your issue.

--Robert--

ross Team
ross Jul 27 '14
I'm sorry what exactly is that you do while importing? You said database related issue. Where do you see that error? Please provide a screenshot. 
Omari
Omari Jul 28 '14
ok i have found the issue....its because my site uses cloudfiles from an amazons3 bucket. Hence I Have this additional code in my config file:

-----------------

define('OW_USE_AMAZON_S3_CLOUDFILES', true);            // whether or not to use AMAZON S3define('OW_AMAZON_S3_ACCESS_KEY', '{your_access_key}'); // access keydefine('OW_AMAZON_S3_SECRET_KEY', '{your_secret_key}'); // secret keydefine('OW_AMAZON_S3_BUCKET_NAME', '{bucket_name}');    // the name of the bucket for recording datadefine('OW_AMAZON_S3_BUCKET_URL', '{bucket_url}');      // url of the bucket for recording data (for example, http://test.s3.amazonaws.com/)

-----------------

the result is this error message

Omari
Omari Jul 28 '14
so i think you may have  missed a condition to generate preview files to the s3 bucket. not too sure
Omari
Omari Jul 28 '14
tried firebug but no errors are popping up in the console. just the error message of the oxwall site itself.

When I turn off clouds the error doesn't occur

ross Team
ross Jul 29 '14
Omari, we tried the same with amazon enabled, no such error. Can you please PM me your ftp and admin access details?
Omari
Omari Jul 29 '14
ok will do
ross Team
ross Jul 29 '14
Ok Omari, waiting for your details. 
Omari
Omari Aug 1 '14
to anyone experiencing this problem. This is a confirmed bug when your site uses Amazon s3
Pages: 1 2 »